Sunday 12 January 2014

Second day in Delhi

Another good day shopping but a much later start due to sleep catching up wth us both. We bought more jewellerly and bangles, incense cones and wooden holders, some enormous woven blankets, umbrellas, a few sparkly bags (see pic) and other bits and bobs. Then back to our exporter's office to give them a list of our purchases, then that was the day gone. Superb and I do mean superb dinner at Malhotra (cafe opp hotel) of hellishly hot popadoms and the saltiest lime pickle, Chicken garlic tikka, then shared mains of spicy veg biryani, stuffed garlic nan with potato and chicken karahi with green chillis. Two lime sodas to drink and the bill was eight quid all in. I didn't take my phone to dinner else I would have taken a picture. I'm writing this at 4am as we're catching the early train today down to Rajasthan. Could have done with more sleep but I can maybe kip on the train. A pic below of the Main Bazaar in Delhi at night during a quiet period with no scooters dodging between the pedestrians. Not so many tourists around that I could see. 

1 comment:

  1. Poor little sparkles bag with a big bad blackburnian in it! Sounds like you're having a fun shopping time. Buzzy was fine when I went to get Pops this morning and sends you four tail wags. Xx

    ReplyDelete