Friday 17 January 2014

Pushkar day 5 - Coffee, TOLFA then back to Delhi

Our last morning finishing off bits of business. Superb banana and honey pancakes at honeydew cafe with pneumatic coffee. We've been going there for years and it's great to hear their merry jibber jabber with the customers as they prepare the food and drinks. I can't drink their coffee without lots of hot milk as it makes me want to lie in a quiet room for half an hour afterwards if I have it neat.
Today's highlight was a visit to TOLFA (Tree of Life for Animals) on the way to Ajmer station from Pushkar. On the way we saw lots of camels and goats - I had to stop and take pictures as you really are in the desert scrub. Shap it is not! The landscape and climate is just fantastic in January but I remember visiting one September when it was roasting and my poor English skin lasted about 3 minutes before it started to burn up.
At TOLFA we have just sponsored a dog kennel there for 12 months which means we pay for food and medicine for each of the poorly inhabitants. We also got to see the puppy compound which for me is like being a kiddy in a toy shop. After having my fingers and shoe laces nibbled by young and old dogs alike we got the train from Ajmer to Delhi. I will write separately about that as the food was outstanding and deserves its own tribute. 




No comments:

Post a Comment